PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFILiveV6 and External wide band data ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 09:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default EFILiveV6 and External wide band data ?

Can V6 log an external data source like wide band 02?
Old 01-08-2004, 09:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2002WS6_MN6
Can V6 log an external data source like wide band 02?
not as of yet but it's planed to be added very soon from what i hear...

here is the post on efilive.com
Wideband/dyno integration
Old 01-08-2004, 10:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by dissonance
not as of yet but it's planed to be added very soon from what i hear...

here is the post on efilive.com
Wideband/dyno integration
Wow!! That will be too damn nice. No more trying to correlate data from to separate systems!! What a PITA. EFILIVE 6

joel
Old 01-08-2004, 10:53 PM
TECH Veteran

WTF I just bought V5 two weeks ago what **** is this.
Old 01-09-2004, 12:34 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by maddboost
WTF I just bought V5 two weeks ago what **** is this.

Upgrade to V6 is free. Contact Blacky for new User Key hereEFILIVE FORUMS . Good Luck.
joel
Old 01-09-2004, 08:28 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

They have to implement logging from two serial ports simultaneously.
Then, you will have to have two serial ports on your laptop. Only
way to go, really, to pull two separate data streams. But you will
have to go shopping for a 2- or more-port serial PCMCIA card I
reckon.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:27 AM
TECH Addict

You can also run a properly conditioned signal into one of the other (preferably unused/inconsequential) sensor inputs on the car and read it through that. On LS1's I have used the LM-1's configurable output to send a signal via the rear O2 channel (either one) - just log that and you have your a/f ratio.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:00 AM
Launching!

ChrisB, how would you accomplish that?
Do you physically disconnect one of your rear 02 sensors and connect the LM-1's signal output to the 02 sensor harness?
Then just log the rear 02 PID?
Old 01-09-2004, 11:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ChrisB
You can also run a properly conditioned signal into one of the other (preferably unused/inconsequential) sensor inputs on the car and read it through that. On LS1's I have used the LM-1's configurable output to send a signal via the rear O2 channel (either one) - just log that and you have your a/f ratio.
That’s a very good idea, but I’m not sure if it would work with this setup. You will need a 2nd port on the laptop to log wideband...

Originally Posted by jimmyblue
They have to implement logging from two serial ports simultaneously.
Then, you will have to have two serial ports on your laptop. Only
way to go, really, to pull two separate data streams. But you will
have to go shopping for a 2- or more-port serial PCMCIA card I
reckon.
JimmyBlue is right on

I’m sure you will need to add an o2 bung to put the wideband in, then run the wires to the inside of the car... and wire it in to the laptops serial port 2nd. Also the rear o2 holes would not be the best place to log? I think at the Y in the y-pipe would be best? Or you would log each side one at a time. Where do they put the wideband during a dyno? Tail pipe?

I have seen setup from dr. gas where they already have a place to add a wideband in the y-pipe. You could take it out after use then plug it. Ziptie the lose wire that runs in to the cab? or make a hanger for it?
Old 01-09-2004, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

You don't necessary need a second serial port. I use a keyspan 4-port serial to one usb port adapter. I log the wideband and efilive through the same usb port. I have tested logging all four serial ports at the same time with no lost data. It just depends if you want to do it the old-school way or the more modern way. Of course I have a pretty fast machine P4-1.7ghz with 512 mb of ram, but it should be possible on even a pretty slow machine.

Gary
Old 01-09-2004, 12:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by red ws6 99
You don't necessary need a second serial port. I use a keyspan 4-port serial to one usb port adapter. I log the wideband and efilive through the same usb port. I have tested logging all four serial ports at the same time with no lost data. It just depends if you want to do it the old-school way or the more modern way. Of course I have a pretty fast machine P4-1.7ghz with 512 mb of ram, but it should be possible on even a pretty slow machine.

Gary
I have the FJO Wideband with Data Logging . I log MAP, RPM and AFR, with the FJO, thru the serial port on my laptop. I log everythig else through a USB with EFILIVE 6 at the same time.

IBM Thinkpad with P3 500mHz.

I have a hard time correlating data because of the time it takes for the wideband O2 to heat up. Output on the FJO is 20 frames /sec. How would you guys sync them???? TIA.
joel
Old 01-09-2004, 01:29 PM
TECH Addict

ChrisB, how would you accomplish that?
Do you physically disconnect one of your rear 02 sensors and connect the LM-1's signal output to the 02 sensor harness?
Then just log the rear 02 PID?

Yep - or any other sensor that will read a voltage - but the rear o2's weren't used, and they update fairly quickly, so that worked out just fine.

That’s a very good idea, but I’m not sure if it would work with this setup. You will need a 2nd port on the laptop to log wideband...

No, it does work just fine - I have done it. Just add in the pid for whatever sensor you hook the output up to and you are good to go. It is very handy w/ the lm-1 as you can programaticaly set the output voltage vs. a/f ratio slope.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ChrisB
[/b]
No, it does work just fine - I have done it. Just add in the pid for whatever sensor you hook the output up to and you are good to go. It is very handy w/ the lm-1 as you can programaticaly set the output voltage vs. a/f ratio slope.
so if i add an wideband o2 in place of one of my rear o2 sensors and load up efilive and get the volt reading from that PID it's going to be the a/f raio? if that was posible then i would think everyone would be doing this?
Old 01-09-2004, 08:36 PM
TECH Addict

so if i add an wideband o2 in place of one of my rear o2 sensors and load up efilive and get the volt reading from that PID it's going to be the a/f raio? if that was posible then i would think everyone would be doing this?

Essentially - by add a wideband o2 it's not just the sensor, it is the controller+sensor - I use the innovate lm-1 unit, which has a configurable analog output. you just set it to 0-1v, and the a/f ratio for whatever you want for that range, wire it up, and yeah, it works.
Old 01-10-2004, 12:40 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Looks like EFILive will be supporting this feature very soon.

http://www.efilive.com/forum/viewtop...er=asc&start=0
Old 01-10-2004, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

binksz06, I have the FJO wideband also. Did you get the direct rpm pickup to work and if so how? I was using rpm pickup that goes on the plug wire, but it was causing mis-fires and at high rpm would go wacky. Anyway I usually just plot the the rpm, knock, timing, etc vs afr by gear during a run. That way I don't need to exactly sync them. I don't try to sync them exactly since I am not really pushing the limit. I tune for no knock and run a real conservative afr 12.2

Gary