PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Differences in 99-02 tunes?

Old 05-05-2010, 12:53 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Differences in 99-02 tunes?

Here's some of my concerns. I have a 99z that I just turned back to stock after having headers/cam for 5 years. Don't ask me why, everyone else has already asked. I tuned it myself with HP tuners. I had a tr224 cam, 1 3/4" longtubes, ORY, and ATR exhaust. I was going over my stock tune file and pretty much flashed it back to stock. I have a LS6 intake and injectors so I left the injector values alone. I deleted the EGR which obviously was no longer needed in 01-02 because GM went with a smaller cam. Which brings me to this, are the dramatic differences in VE, Spark, Fuel, ect... due to the cam differences? Should I be changing some of my tune to reflect the newer tunes since I still have the Ls6 intake/injectors still on? The VE primary tables are way different on the newer tunes. I just wanted someone to help clarify this for me. Thanks
Paul
Old 05-05-2010, 05:24 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not just retune it? You have the software... and if you tuned it before, I would hope you have a wideband...

If not, I would use the VE and MAF tables to match the heads,cam and MAF (i.e. if you put the 99' stuff back on, use those tables)... use the injector tables to match the injectors. The intake is minor difference.

But again, why not do it right and retune it...
Old 05-05-2010, 02:23 PM
12 Second Club

Well I would, but the reason I went back to stock is so I could sell the mods to make my money back and to get better gas mileage, ie... I'm broke at the moment. I sold my wideband and my laptop took a crap on me. So I was hoping a stock base tune would not require a new tune and a new laptop. I figured i could cut bits and pieces from the stock bins and call it a day.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:31 PM
TECH Resident

will work fine. only problem was the EGR.

Search this Thread