Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPS Flicker

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 04:03 PM
9 Second Club

Received 266 Likes on 101 Posts

Default TPS Flicker

Curious if any of you have ever run into this and/or know of a fix. At closed throttle .51V on the TPS I get a 0%, to 1%, sometimes even 2% reading on the scan tool (HP Tuners) when driving, more of a flicker, but sometimes it holds 1%-2% for awhile with a closed throttle (verified). When it does this my idle gets stupid, swinging low and wanting to die. It appears the car comes out of its idle routines.

I have set up the throttle body (NW 90MM) and have HOT IAC counts in the 60-80 range, in gear they run about 90-100 depending on temps, etc.

I have performed the TPS re-set multiple times and still get this problem and initially it goes to 0%. I have even gone as far as slotting the holes and rotating the TPS to get the Voltage in the acceptable CT range while still maintaining 100% throttle angle at WOT. Initially, my TPS voltage was up at .73V, but would still reset to 0% with the procedure. I thought maybe it was the cause (being borderline), but after slotting the TPS holes and setting the CT voltage to .51V, it still does the same thing.

Oddly enough, it never does it from a Cold start, only during driving conditions, and usually when warm.

I have also replaced the pigtail on the TPS, thinking maybe it was the cause. No luck.

Any thoughts, surely someone has experienced this. It plays hell with my 'Adaptive Idle' strategies.

The car is a 2000 Camaro SS A4, built LS2, NW 90MM TB tuned CL Speed Density.

Any thoughts guys?
Old 06-12-2010, 03:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TTT from the dead

I am having the same issues. Did you ever resolve this?