PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulling timing bad!! Need some insight!!

Old 05-26-2010, 03:13 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pulling timing bad!! Need some insight!!

Got a diablo to maybe cure it but its lead me to find out actually what the truck is doing, just dont know why. Its a 6.0 swapped RCSB with headers, 3.73 gear, e-fans, and a cold air intake, just driving down the road the timing is fine, and if you barely and i mean BARELY hit the gas the timing stays the same or goes down a lil, but under wot or even part throttle the timing will go anywhere from -4 to -9 degrees. had knock sensor codes, bought new knock sensors and threw them in, still getting a knock sensor 2 low circuit code. even pushing down the pedal prolly an 1/8" will throw it into neg timing.

its driving me nuts, even on a wot down shift its still pulling timing completely out and just bogging and not going anywhere. also long term fuel trims are pretty high, 12-16% on both banks.

anyone have any ideas on this?! maybe the knock sensor wiring harness and a plug change?? fuel trims seems to be like there is a leak somewhere or the injectors are sticking like they are dirty, but i dont know. need someone with experiance on this im not good with tuning haha.. appreciate any help!!!!
Old 05-26-2010, 05:28 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trucks have a bunch of torque management in them... sounds like that might be at least part of it. You're rich too... Did you use the PCM to match the injectors, MAF, etc??? Probably needs a good tune all around...
Old 05-26-2010, 06:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Engine sit for an extended period of time, b4 you started it?
The clogged inj idea may be a problem. I see this frequently w/ the injs out of j/y engines...
Old 05-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Launching!

it doesnt have any tq management i took it all out with the diablo, yeah it sit for a while but it hasnt been running bad. you think its an injector problem??
Old 05-26-2010, 08:03 PM
Launching!

ok figured something out.. i replaced the knock sensors yesterday because it was throwing codes for knock sensors, and today its throwing a knock sensor 2 low circuit code, every time i clear the code it runs really really good then when the code throws again it goes into safe mode i guess and runs like ****.. what would cause it? any way to by-pass the knock sensor??
Old 05-26-2010, 08:19 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by DunnoWhoThisIs
it doesnt have any tq management i took it all out with the diablo, yeah it sit for a while but it hasnt been running bad. you think its an injector problem??
If I am not mistaken, a Diablo will not take out all the torque management the ECU has. There is Torque management in other places besides the transmission controls.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:23 PM
Launching!

Yeah im sure that it still has some left, there is an option to turn it off, so i turned it off lol. its a knock sensor problem im pretty sure tho, just if i can figure that out then ill be ok..
Old 05-27-2010, 05:18 AM
9 Second Club

Check the pigtails and make sure the wiring wasn't pinched under the intake at some point...

Search this Thread