PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speedo and Odo not registering Miles

Old 05-29-2010, 10:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Speedo and Odo not registering Miles

Hey Everybody, Im new to this forum but have owned 5 F-Bodys before and am looking at another 2002 WS6 T/A. The car only has 14k on it and the car belongs to a friends mother. I took the car out today and all guages work except the speedo and the odometer is not clicking off miles. I do not want to accuse the owner of the car of tampering with it but I also know there is a possibility that it has been messed with. There was a mouse problem that got into the airbox, and the drivers window stopped working...possibly causing the odo to stop but I thought that the speedo goes off the speed sensors in the tranny. When I asked to take it to my shop to look at it, her husband wanted to look for himself to see what is wrong with it............seems strange since they have known me for a very long time and now he was hesitant for me to look at it myself. I am pulling both autocheck and carfax to verify the odometer. The car has the original tires, the pads/rotors look original and I rarely saw her drive it. Any advice is appreciated.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If its automatc and it shfts alright, it has to be between the PCM and the cluster
Old 05-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Teching In

6mt.....
Old 05-29-2010, 06:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tmerendo
6mt.....
You'll need a decent scanner to see if it's getting a VSS input
Old 05-30-2010, 05:29 AM
Teching In

ok, pulled carfax and autocheck, both are clean and report the odometer reading at 12240 as of 10/28/05. The strange part is that is the last reported info was from 11/2005. No registration renewal, inspection or anything.

PoconoJoe, about the vss connection, would that still allow all other gauges to work properly and the car to run as it did when it rolled off the assembly line?
Old 05-30-2010, 05:47 AM
Banned

Yes. they would still work. If you have an automatic, you could tell because the tranny wouldn't shift correcctly without the VSS signal going in to the PCM. With a stick shift the easiest thing I can think of is to wind it up to 30 or 40 MPH in first gear and see if it makes you skip 2nd gear, this would mean the CAGS (skip shift) was working, and that the PCM was getting a VSS signal from the sensor on the tranny

Search this Thread