PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valet Tune??? Prevent strangers from joyriding my car.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valet Tune??? Prevent strangers from joyriding my car.

First off, I have absolutely no tuning experience. I had my car professionally dyno-tuned last year by EFIAlchemy and the car is running extremely strong (530+whp n/a tune).

I'm going to have the car painted in a few days...then have it shipped across the USA from FL to CA. I don't want the painters or the shippers to rev the crap out of it or take it out on a joyride. What I want to do is modify the tune so that the car shuts off if someone tries to push the car hard. Example: can't rev past 3,000rpm...can't drive past 30mph...etc.

Because I have absolutely no tuning experience, I was wondering if someone can walk me through the process. Can I simply adjust some parameters...or does it need to be professionally tuned to do this? I don't want to ruin my brand new motor and cause irrepairable damage.

I have an '00+ Moates RoadRunner and am using EFILive.

Any help would be appreciated!!!
Old 06-08-2010, 05:50 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's easy enough to do. Have you pulled the tune out of it yet? You want a list of table numbers to change? Or if you want, you could just post your tune up here and one of us can help you with it...
Old 06-08-2010, 06:40 PM
Teching In

I think I grabbed the tune off of the RoadRunner correctly. It's attached.
Attached Files
File Type: tun
402ci_NA Tune.tun (473.0 KB, 224 views)
Old 06-08-2010, 07:04 PM
9 Second Club

Here you go - 35 MPH and 3,000 RPM... if you run a compare between your original file to the one I did, you can see which tables I changed. Save your original and put it back in when you want the valet off...
Attached Files
Old 06-08-2010, 07:05 PM
11 Second Club

Have you considered using a custom OS set up with the valet mode switch?
Old 06-08-2010, 07:07 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 5.7 ute
Was gonna suggest that to him, but it seems he wants this as a quick and temporary solution...
Old 06-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BLK02WS6
Here you go - 35 MPH and 3,000 RPM... if you run a compare between your original file to the one I did, you can see which tables I changed. Save your original and put it back in when you want the valet off...
You're absolutely awesome!!! Thank you! I'll test it tomorrow since it's about 9pm now and I don't want to crank up the car and disrupt the neighbors.

Originally Posted by 5.7 ute
I have a commercial scan/tune EFILive license. Does the custom OS require the purchase of additional licenses or hardware? Since you can hook up a toggle switch to turn on the valet tune, does my RoadRunner need to be modified internally?
Old 06-08-2010, 09:44 PM
11 Second Club

You just need to add a pin to the connector (J2 pin 56). This you then earth through a switch when you want either nitrous control, 2 step function or valet mode.(you can only set up for one).
Commercial scan & tune will be fine. Efilive custom OS's are free so you will not burn up any credits/licenses.
The roadrunner or any other pcm will not need to be modified, only the OS. (you will want to upgrade to 02020005 to use this function)The steps are.
Open the blank 02020005 OS from your custom OS folder.
Full flash this blank OS into the pcm.
Calibration only flash your existing tunefile into the pcm.
Read the whole tunefile from the pcm & save.
From this file you then need to sanity check the values in the custom calibrations, as well as modify the B3647 commanded fuel table (the axis have changed)
There are a few tricks to the custom OS's that a search on the efilive forum will help you with.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:22 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by efinifd3s
You're absolutely awesome!!! Thank you! I'll test it tomorrow since it's about 9pm now and I don't want to crank up the car and disrupt the neighbors.
You're welcome - No problem!
Old 10-13-2011, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have to get some work done on my paint (scraped against a concrete wall) and leave it at a paint shop for a few days.

has anyone done this with hptuners and want to share their tune?

if i do something like this (65mph speed limiter, 3,500 RPM limiter, etc), is there any potential for damage to be done to the car if they try with the car in this valet mode?
Old 10-13-2011, 04:45 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BLK02WS6
Very cool you can do that so easy....I wish I could do PCM stuff.

Question:
If I get that Dual Tune capable PCM from Frost.....can I just have my normal tune and then have a Valet type tune in there as the second tune......so at the flip of a switch its in Valet mode? Then flip it back when I get my car out front later on?

Old 01-02-2012, 03:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had such a bad problem knowing that someone went on a joyride in my Camaro, when I went to a 5 star hotel... I'm wondering about this too, what do I need to purchase for a Valet Tune? (and secret switches too)

Quick Reply: Valet Tune??? Prevent strangers from joyriding my car.