Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 Trans Am, Predator

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 02:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Trans Am, Predator

Ok i have heard thatyou cant use a predator on the 98 Fbodies if this is true is there any way that i can replace the PCM in my car or edit it in such a way that I could use a predator or would I be better off just buying a HPP3.. im not really sure what i should do. What are your guys suggestions on the matter?
Old 01-14-2004, 04:04 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you heard correct, you cant use predator on 98's since they have a different pin setup.

just buck up and get edit, with atap/efi and edit you'll have far more tuning ability at your disposal then you have with predator. my whole tuning setup cost 1045, its not cheap .

get HPP3 only to raise rev/speed limiters and change shift points and adj. for tire sizing. other then thats its pretty worthless.

or just pay someone to tune your car with edit when the time comes. right now you dont have anything that warrents a tune anyway.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

listen to the man, dont get hpp3...u would be better sending the money to me, it would serve the same purpose. lol hpp3 is crapy unless u wanna use it to adjust shift points and stuff then its ok