Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 TPS Sensor Specs

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 05:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 TPS Sensor Specs

Heres my situation... I'm putting together a Gen I small block with the Edelbrock Pro Flow XT manifold, and a Professional Products 85MM throttle body. I have a TV cable 700R4 transmission and need to hook the cable to the throttle body.

I was planning on using the Bowtie overdrive bracket but the Aftermarket throttle body plate is incompatible. So I have to design my own bracket to get the geometry right and unsure of the sweep angle the throttle shaft.

To measure the sweep angle I want to use an Arduino Microcontroller to read the TPS Potentiometer signal with a simple program I'll write. I need to know the calibration of the TPS (Ohms / degrees).

I can just twist the TPS with an indicator to get a rough calibration but i'd like to see a Delphi design print showing the actual error graphs, physical dimensions, etc..... I've seen people posting the MAP sensor drawing and hoping someone has a TPS one.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:22 PM

all i have are the values at certain positions thats given by gm thats conseridered correct. dont think that would be much help since its in ranges. i just wanted to throw in that if your using a 85mm ls throttle body some truck, fbody, and gto throttle bodys have different linkage setups with could change the angle and amount of pull you may get just incase one setup dosnt work for you. i dont remember which one is which though.

Last edited by Sh0wGoAt; 06-11-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:59 PM
Teching In

Well the throttle body came with two different cable rotor plates, one is a constant base circle, the other progressive. Despite which I use the center of rotation and throttle shaft movement will be the same.

I've got an old inkjet printer optical encoder wheel and sensor which I could fit to the throttle body for this purpose, resolution to 0.2° isn't bad

Last edited by ian99rt; 06-11-2010 at 09:05 PM.

Quick Reply: LS1 TPS Sensor Specs