Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECM/Wiring issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ECM/Wiring issue

OK, so recently the 383 and th400 went in the car. It has a tbrake on it. So I went to get the car insepected recently and I could not pass emmisions because the scanner would not draw voltage from the port. It would not even turn on. I thought it might be the scanner so I tryed mine, same thing. I took a look at the port and it looked fine. I checked all the fuses which has absolutely nothing to do with this but did it anyway and they were all fine. The tbrake gets its power from the cigarette lighter so that shouldnt be a problem. I checked all the pins for voltage and there was nothing there. I cant imagine it is a wire from the ecm to the port but I will check that this weekend. I did not check the ecm for voltage but it has to have voltage to be working, so I think it either has to be a wire or the ecm. Another thing I will try is reseting the ecm, but I recently did that because I changed out battery. I guess my question is is there an output in the ecm that goes to the port that might not be working now? Is it common for ecms to have problems? I asked my tuner if this was a ghetto way of blocking tunes and he said no. What do you guys think?
Old 06-24-2010, 08:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pin 16 on the obd2 port should be hot 12v all the time.