Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e segment swap northwest indiana

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 11:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l80e segment swap northwest indiana

ok guys i did a 4l80e swap and i cant seem to get anyone aound here to download my tune with hp tunners and send it in if theres anyone in northwest indiana willing to do this for me let me know! il pay for the credits plus esxtra, i am leaving thursday to go out of town so im cutting it pretty close! thanks
Old 07-05-2010, 05:50 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you already own hptuners send me your .hpt file to bill at hptuners.com and I can do the swap for you in most cases.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by foff667
If you already own hptuners send me your .hpt file to bill at hptuners.com and I can do the swap for you in most cases.
i don't own hptuners. i have a buddy who has it but i cant get ahold of him to even copy my tune.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you saying you want to segment swap from the 4L60 to a 4L80? Why?

PM Slow67, there is a much better way to do this without segmenting. He has all the info you need. I did mine this way and it works a heck of alot better then segmenting it.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Texas_WS6
Are you saying you want to segment swap from the 4L60 to a 4L80? Why?

PM Slow67, there is a much better way to do this without segmenting. He has all the info you need. I did mine this way and it works a heck of alot better then segmenting it.
that was what i was told u had to do
Old 07-07-2010, 08:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get with Slow67, I do not think you have to segment swap if you are replacing a 4L60 with a 4L80. He will have the info you need to make minor wiring changes to your factory harness, wich will make your 4l60 tune control the 4L80 corectly. There are some advantages doing it this way over segmenting. He can explain it all to you. Not to mention the money saved from doing it his way. I did the wiring modification on mine, it was very symple to do, and works perfectly, if not better then segmenting. I have had zero issues with my 4L80 doing this. Of course, I have an f-body, not a pickup, I do not know for a fact if this works in your truck, I do not see why it wil not work. PM him and he will know if it will work. You will still need your friend to disable two codes in your PCM and to tune the shifts the way you want, but other then that, there is no other changes needed.