Sponsored by:

Tuning Delphi 95's

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 01:20 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tuning Delphi 95's

Trying to get my fueling dialed in with these Low Z injectors, particularly the bank to bank balance.

A voltage offset around 1.0 at 14V with an Injection Timing offset around 5.85mS at operating temp seems to work best for me to even out the idle. Did have to bump down the VE table significantly though as this caused it to go rich. Low enough that it causes me to think that something is still off. I did drop the minimum pulse values as well.

Anyone else tuning these and what kind numbers did you end up with in the injector tables? I have seen where someone else used an offset around .6 which works better than say .3 for me, but not as good as 1.0. AFR's on both banks are much closer and more stable at 1.0.

Cam is 228/236 .595/.600 114 + 4

Last edited by DrX; 07-09-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:38 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm working on one as well... I haven't been able to do much on it because the car was having over-heating issues, owner is putting a blanket on the turbo and some other things to try and cool it better. Once it is done, I'll get it back and continue in the same boat you are in... Let me know how it goes for you. The very little bit I did get to work with it, it was pretty rich on idle and I had cut the VE down pretty far. Need to trial and error the offsets like you are doing...
Old 07-09-2010, 05:40 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Well after a little driving the VE table is actually looking more normal. And my MPG on the DIC shot way up into the 20's! Not sure what data the PCM is going by to calculate that though.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:47 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BLK02WS6
I'm working on one as well... I haven't been able to do much on it because the car was having over-heating issues, owner is putting a blanket on the turbo and some other things to try and cool it better. Once it is done, I'll get it back and continue in the same boat you are in... Let me know how it goes for you. The very little bit I did get to work with it, it was pretty rich on idle and I had cut the VE down pretty far. Need to trial and error the offsets like you are doing...

I guess you were posting as I was typing. I think the changes I made above fixed a lot of things. This beast drives almost like stock now.....at least at light throttle.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DrX
I guess you were posting as I was typing. I think the changes I made above fixed a lot of things. This beast drives almost like stock now.....at least at light throttle.
Hopefully the customer gets it back to me next week so I can give it a go... and hopefully I can acheive those results too!
Old 07-09-2010, 06:34 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Tuning with the RoadRunner I was able to move the voltage offset values up and down in small increments(say .1mS)without stalling. Over 1.0 things started to get worse again.