PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DAMN SES Light

Old 01-19-2004, 06:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default DAMN SES Light

Ok so i just bought a 96 Firebird formula m6 for $7k with 108k miles (2k on new longblock and tranny). It has a c305 cam, edelbrock headers, new opti, wrapped msd wires, ported and polished heads, valve job, and some other little stuff. It runs REALLY strong. But within an hour after i bought it the SES light kicked in. IT was melting the plug wires, so i replaced them.

I just got the computer scanned again and its throwing 7 codes. 100 (Mass Air Flow Circuit Malfunction), 102 (Mass Air Flow Circuit Low Input), 125 (Insufficient Coolant Temperature for Closed Loop Fuel Control), 300 (random misfires), 430 (Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold), 1351 (IC Circuit High Voltage), 1441 (EVAP System Flow During Non-Purge).

Could wiring set off the MAF code, because the wiring is kinda crappy because its been worked on so much because the engine was replaced and has had aolt of work. Im new to the LT1, so bear with me.

THX Alot guys,
Stu
Old 01-19-2004, 09:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most of that is from the maf i bet...
Old 01-19-2004, 09:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE:

I found out today that whoever had the car before me didnt know **** about engines. They had the fans jumpered to the ingition wire, so whenever the car was running, the fans were on. It wouldnt get very warm, but it did register on the temp guage. (prolly not the cause of the 125 code)

Also when a shop who worked on my car before i bought it, they tested the MAF with another working one, and it was still sending the same error codes.

My guess is a bad ECT and a bad Ignition Control Module.
Old 01-19-2004, 09:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any after market gauges in tehre? my guess would be maf wires crossed up or not getting right supply, coolant temp gauge was taped into and the alt wire must be damaged for voltage or its taped into. so you have any after market gauges?

Search this Thread