Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modifying someone else's tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 05:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Modifying someone else's tune

I bought my car with the blower and already tuned. I'm currently only making about 3 psi of boost due to a fubar FMIC. I'll need to replace that, but in the mean time I've been trying to learn as much as I can about tuning. It should be around 9 psi when that's done. I like to play around with the software and research, I just don't actually upload it unless it's something very simple (like the speed-o correction).

I recently learned when it was in the shop for a post-purchase audit that it had 25 degrees of advance at peak torque. The tuner was appalled and took it out before going any further with it. Once they discovered it had an intercooler problem we didn't get any further at all.

Here's the table now and I'm tending to think there's still too much advance for my setup on pump gas, but that's just based on what I've read to date.

Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails Modifying someone else's tune-camaro-ss-timing.jpg  
Old 07-21-2010, 12:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for the boost amount that value looks fine. The stock file runs 28s. They pulled 9 or so to make up for the boost.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! So when the intercooler is fixed and it's up around 9 psi then I will take a bit more out.