Sponsored by:

P102 code help. Keeps blowing ENG SEN fuse

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P102 code help. Keeps blowing ENG SEN fuse

Recently my car started to chug a bit.
At first I thought it was just bad gas so I let it go for a while. Well one time I stopped at a stop sign and it almost died so I gave it a little gas and got a big puff of black smoke out of the rear followed shortly by a check engine light.

So I took it in and had the code read and it came up a p102. The mass air voltage code.

First I cleaned the maf with cleaner, put it back in and still had the problem. So I read up on here a little and people said to check the ENG SEN fuse, well to my surprise it was blown. So I replaced it thinking it would solve the problem. Drove fine for maybe 10 miles, then the light came back on.

So I put a new fuse in. Convinced it was the MAF, I went out and bought a new one. Put the maf in, along with the new fuse. Drove fine for maybe 5 miles then started again, came home and another blown fuse.

Any other ideas?
I'm about to put my old maf back in and take the new one back.
What else could I check?
Old 08-05-2010, 04:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are other things on that circuit. Any chance an 02 sensor harness is arcing on the LT's?
Old 08-08-2010, 12:01 AM
12 Second Club

I'm currently having the exact same problem, I checked all my connections at the MAF and cleared the code only to have it come back 5 minutes later. I tried a new MAF and it still tripped the code within minutes. I am stumped. Let me know what u figure out. BTW this is on a 5.3 with ls6 intake in a s10.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:27 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by loudblack97z71
I'm currently having the exact same problem, I checked all my connections at the MAF and cleared the code only to have it come back 5 minutes later. I tried a new MAF and it still tripped the code within minutes. I am stumped. Let me know what u figure out. BTW this is on a 5.3 with ls6 intake in a s10.
Turns out the o2 extension wire was ripped off. Spliced them all back together started it up and no cel anymore, runs like a champ.

Quick Reply: P102 code help. Keeps blowing ENG SEN fuse