PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablosport tuner to tune out rear o2 sensors?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diablosport tuner to tune out rear o2 sensors?

Hey guys whats going on? I just helped a buddy (98z28CamaroJG) put some long tubes on his ls1 with an ory. Now my question is I have a friend with a diablosport handheld tuner that I know can tune out sensors that throw check engine codes. The only problem is that the tuner he has is for a 4.6 2v mustang. I know that the tuner has a tune that's based for a 4.6 which cannot be applied to an ls1, but would it be able to tune out those rear o2 sensors so that he would not be throwing codes or would he have to get it tuned out by a tuner or with an ls1 handheld?
Old 08-09-2010, 02:09 PM
11 Second Club

No, you'll need a LS1 specific to make it work. It also has to be unlocked/not tuned on another car.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:43 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

correct, what rtr2001 said.. ^ ^ ^ ^

a ford predator will not work on a GM car...

and, you can only tune one vehicle at a time with them anyway, so if the other car is tuned with it, then it's locked to that car and you can't use it...

AND, the new models, as of 2.5 years ago, do not let you disabled the trouble codes any more - that functionality was removed due to EPA Government Regulations... so you'd have to buy one for your car, and have a custom tune written for your car in order to have the codes permanently disabled...

3 strikes... you're out...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 08-09-2010, 03:02 PM
Teching In

haha thanks guys i just wanted to know before i had to tell him to wait until he gets his full dyno tune

Quick Reply: Diablosport tuner to tune out rear o2 sensors?