PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autotap for USB and other updates!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 02:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Autotap for USB and other updates!

B&B Electronics has recently released Autotap for people that are using a USB connection. With the release of the USB version of AutoTap, the days of buying additional converters is over. AutoTap now plugs directly into the USB port on the computer. And, they've redesigned the product one step further! Now, all of the electronics are in the OBDII end of the cable. Simply plug the vehicle end of AutoTap into the OBDII port and the other end into the USB port.

For Windows computers, there's now just one piece of hardware to buy. In the past, B&B Electronics offered a GM version, Ford version, Chrysler/Import version, and the Universal version of AutoTap hardware. With the release of the USB version, the AutoTap hardware works on all vehicles. Access to manufacturer's enhanced data is granted using a registration code that unlocks only the manufacturer's data that the customer needs. You'll just need to purchase a license for each manufacturer's data.

Version 6 of the popular EFILive products is also available!.

More information can be found on our website - www.tbyrnemotorsports.com/autotap.html

Have a good day,
Tom

Order line - 1-877-4-TBYRNE
E-mail - tbyrne@tbyrne.com

SUPERCHARGER DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE!
Old 01-22-2004, 05:01 PM
On The Tree

Hi Tom,

Whilst the intergrated USB functionality is nice, moving to the style of having all the electronics in the plug is not so good IMHO, been there before with an old Multiplex interface I have. It gets in the way!!, it's a shame B&B have chosen to go this way.
Or perhaps I am wrongly assuming it is the size of the Multiplex unit, do you have a photo you might be able to post of the new unit?.

I am not trying to put the product down in any way so please don't flame me, it's just my personal experiance, I like the adaptor 'style' they have now.

Thanks.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

This is a picture that we have of the system -

Old 01-23-2004, 02:53 PM
On The Tree

Thanks Tom.
Old 01-23-2004, 07:18 PM
11 Second Club