Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High LTFT

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 04:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High LTFT

Hey guys hate to start another thread with all this info on the net but I'm having a hard time with this one. I got my HP Tuners a little while ago and have been seeing some stuff that seems questionable.

TPS: 100%
RPM: 5789
Speed: 58MPH...about top of 2nd Gear
IAT: 86 Degrees
ECT: 192
INJ Duty%: 102%
Timing adv: 30 Degrees
O2 B1: 898
O2 B2: 972
LT B1%: 13.3
LT B2%: 10.2

Dont think this one is too bad(besides inj duty cycle), i was getting on the highway WOT. This next one is cruise at 70(small incline at 1000PM) and it just doesnt seem right at all and a lot of my other LTFT during other cruise speeds or idle or low throttle seem to be in the 15-25% range....Sounds like maybe bad O2 sensors or a bad previous tune....not done by me. It was tuned in alabama and i live in AR...wonder if the tune just needs to be adjusted for the climate a little better.

TPS: 24%
RPM: 1944
Speed: 70MPH...6th
IAT: 86 Degrees
ECT: 196
INJ Duty%: 11%
Timing adv: 36.5 Degrees
O2 B1: 447
O2 B2: 642
LT B1%: 19.5
LT B2%: 17.2

I realize that this is just a snapshot of whats going on at cruise and WOT but it doesnt just sporadically change, everything flows around these types of numbers. Also when im idling i have LTFT of like 21-23%. I have just bolt ons, no LT and somebody has tuned this thing before. The O2 sensors go up and down fairly...symmetrical...how ever you want to say it during cruise which I believe from what i read is exactly what they are supposed to do so maybe just retune all the fuel trims with some of the basic 101 ls1 tuning guide that i found somewhere in a thread? But before I do that, is it reasonable to have this happen like this and to have 100% inj duty cycle with just a bolt on camaro...no cam...no P/P heads...just lid, emission delete, K&N Filter... Also the old owner claimed about 345 RWHP and 355 ft/lbs.

Just remembered, this could make a difference they did put a aftermarket MAF sensor on there I think 85MM but not sure of the manufacture I'm at work right now but I can get it later.

Thanks for any replies I'm still learning and hopefully ill return the favor some day.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Post your tune, you may be better off on the HP Tuners forum instead of here.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:01 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most likely the aftermarket MAF sensor making it lean... I've seen them lean the car out 15 - 20%... if the tune was done before the aftermarket MAF, that could be the answer (actually, if they didn't tune it right with it on, it could still be your answer). You need to get a wideband on it and put it in open loop to see where it really is. If it's not that, then it could be a vacuum leak somewhere or you may have exhaust leaks giving a false lean signal and causing it to add fuel...

Quick Reply: High LTFT