Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EGR sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 12:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EGR sensor?

So i recently swapped out the ls1 intake manifold anf throttle body with a ported LS6 and p/p throttle body. Took out all of the air and egr tubing and pumps. Car ran perfectly fine. went to start it today and the car revs to 3500-4k and stalls, like if there wa a massive vaccumm leak or something. I can;t keep it running. car will idle at 500 for a couple of seconds but will then stall out. I checked the tps and that is fine( thought of this due to the unconsistent idle). I have one of those basic code readers and it says the egr sensor. how can this be if there is no longer and egr/air stuff on the car? I hooked up the sensors again for that plumbing to the car and disconnected the battery to maybe let it reset itself. tried it all again and it did the same thing, help!
Old 08-21-2010, 02:14 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you turm off the DTC's for the EGR in the tune?
Old 08-21-2010, 06:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car is getting the codes tuned out beginning of next week, I hope it does the trick, I just dont see why it has run fine since then. It just started doing it the other day on my way home and now I can't drive it at all because it won't stay running.