Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting weird random knock after tune

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 05:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Getting weird random knock after tune

I have been tuning my car after installing some TFS215s & 42lb injectors. I feel I got the AFR dialed in pretty good by recurving the MAF table, at idle & WOT runs its 12.2-12.7 in OL. I did pull 1 deg timing from the upper RPM range(2-6000rpms) because of the higher CR. Heads were milled .010. I had it dynotuned last year after the cam install so it started up & ran very good after the new heads with the new IFR table for the 42s. So yesterday after doing a few runs & getting the AFR dialed in I put the PCM back into CL to see how it runs & I am getting some random spots of KR at cruise & part throttle & I am not sure why or how to get rid of it. The car runs & idles good, like before I did the heads but with more power of course. I do have a log to post up but cant figure out how to post it up. It is in CSV form.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

May be false knock. Cut 10 deg from the entire timing table and take her for a spin. If you are still seeing occassional knock, then I would vote false knock.

If it goes away, then you may have to do some point reductions in your timing table (g/cyl vs rpm). Hotter ambient temperatures will make cars more prone to knocking.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is the log with the knock. The only thing that I noticed about the scan is where I get the knock its a lil lean at cruise but under WOT its not lean at all.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
ss tune 8-21.hpl (163.8 KB, 70 views)

Last edited by flintwrench69; 08-22-2010 at 08:51 PM.