PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deleting BCM help on a 96 firebird please.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 03:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Deleting BCM help on a 96 firebird please.

Hello. I am running a 96 v6 firebird with a Carb'd small block chevy. I deleted the whole pcm and wiring harness excepting for the one wire that comes from I believe the bcm that activates the starter relay. That is the only wire I left.

I am wondering what all the bcm control's and if I need to keep it. The car has power windows and locks. The cooling fans are stand alone and none of my gauges work. I don't figure I need the air bags either they probably dont work.

What kinda things could I run into if If I decided to remove the BCM. I think the worst thing I could run into is the windows lights and windshield wipers wont work and I don't want to lose or rewire any of them.

Any suggestions??
Old 08-24-2010, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldsmobility85
Hello. I am running a 96 v6 firebird with a Carb'd small block chevy. I deleted the whole pcm and wiring harness excepting for the one wire that comes from I believe the bcm that activates the starter relay. That is the only wire I left.

I am wondering what all the bcm control's and if I need to keep it. The car has power windows and locks. The cooling fans are stand alone and none of my gauges work. I don't figure I need the air bags either they probably dont work.

What kinda things could I run into if If I decided to remove the BCM. I think the worst thing I could run into is the windows lights and windshield wipers wont work and I don't want to lose or rewire any of them.

Any suggestions??
You should have been able to keep the BCM and change very few wires. I recently finished wiring mine, and don't think there's any need for you to delete as much as you did. The BCM controls the VATS,PWM,PDL,CC,PDL. It is a nice thing to keep, if possible. You can allways bypass the vats by measuring the key resistance and installing the correct value resistor....then the BCM will allways trigger the starter relay....problem solved.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I removed the pcm not the bcm. Was just wondering if anyone was deleting there bcm or not. I have the correct keys and what not and have no problem with it starting. Think I might just remove the air bag and control module and a couple other things. Ill leave it alone.