Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuners in Oklahoma or Dallas

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 11:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuners in Oklahoma or Dallas

I'm located in Oklahoma City and I'm looking for a good tuner in the region that has access to a load bearing dyno.

The car is used primarily for road course events and has a stroker LS2 motor in it with a bunch of mods and I'm looking for an expert tuner that can give it a good base tune.

Thanks,

Alan
Old 08-25-2010, 11:46 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Find some posts by 2xLS1 on this forum and PM him. He's in OKC and knows the tuning scene down there.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:54 PM
Teching In

Ed Wright. Tulsa, Oklahoma
I've heard alot about him, and I am under the impression he is the go to guy around here. Worth a phone call at least.
http://www.fastchip.com/
Old 08-26-2010, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RevGTO
Find some posts by 2xLS1 on this forum and PM him. He's in OKC and knows the tuning scene down there.
x1, he is the tuner I would highly recommend, shoot him a pm.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I had good luck with Bret at XP racing, he is there in OKC. You can check out his website for more info.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:21 PM
TECH Resident

I second Brett at XP. He's been nothing but great for me and several others in the area.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Staging Lane

I will put a +3 for brett at XP
Old 09-01-2010, 10:43 AM
JP
On The Tree

x4 for Brett at XP
Old 09-01-2010, 10:56 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd vote for XP in OK City...he's a good guy to deal with and seems very knowledgeable from the bit I've spoken to him on the phone and met him in person once!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 09-02-2010, 12:09 PM

Default \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

I had many problems with Brett @ XP and his abilities or lack thereof. My '04 GTO went back to him many times for problems I was having with his work. The car wouldn't idle form startup without holding the throttle for an extended period of time. It never would run the numbers it should have according to his 400hp+ dyno sheets. I gave him every possible oppurtunity to make all this right to the point he told me there was nothing else he could do for me. I did some looking around on a few websites and found another dyno tuning shop to try. I was very skeptical of anyone at this point, but found where I will be taking all my work form now on.

After all the months of dealing with my problems with XP and losing half the summer not enjoying my car I made an appointment with APS Automotive in Oklahoma City to evaluate my concerns. I made another appointment to allow them to correct the problems with my car. In one day all my problems ceased to exist.

They left it up to me whether to pull the car first or just start over. I chose to let them pull the car as-is for some semblance of a baseline. The Mustang eddy brake dyno result was 359 horsepower. Next they viewed the tune in the car and didn't like so much of what they saw that they dumped it and started over with a stock gto A4 file. Afterwards I was rewarded with a 39 peak horsepower increase, and a car that's as drivable as it was before anything had ever been modded. Sidenote: It even gets good fuel mileage again.

Here are my results:
Old 09-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Teching In

Can you provide any more information on APS Automotive?

Web site? Contact info?

Anyone else have experience with them?
Old 09-02-2010, 12:26 PM

I took the dyno image down because the resolution was so bad from my scanner. I'll get another one up soon.

Their info is:

Non-sponsor contact info removed.

Admin

Last edited by Patrick G; 09-02-2010 at 02:15 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:43 PM
11 Second Club

x2 for APS, good people there.

I wouldn't recommend anyone take anything to snot nose at XP, unless you're one of his buddies. Seen too many half assed projects come out of there at full assed prices.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Phantom
x2 for APS, good people there.

I wouldn't recommend anyone take anything to snot nose at XP, unless you're one of his buddies. Seen too many half assed projects come out of there at full assed prices.
Oh really? Well judging by all the cars in his shop and how many tunes he's been cranking out, he must be doing something right.
I'm not speaking for him because I am friend, but because he did the work on my car before we ever were friends.

I think you are more biased b/c of some intrawebz stuff and people you run around with do not like him. But you are entitled to your own opinion.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:10 PM
JP
On The Tree

nevermind
Old 09-02-2010, 01:11 PM
TECH Resident

For those who don't know who Brett at XP Racing is. He's the same guy who built "Trust"'s black T/A. BC we all know that car was half assed.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:12 PM
JP
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TwistedS-10
I had many problems with Brett @ XP and his abilities or lack thereof. My '04 GTO went back to him many times for problems I was having with his work. The car wouldn't idle form startup without holding the throttle for an extended period of time. It never would run the numbers it should have according to his 400hp+ dyno sheets. I gave him every possible oppurtunity to make all this right to the point he told me there was nothing else he could do for me. I did some looking around on a few websites and found another dyno tuning shop to try. I was very skeptical of anyone at this point, but found where I will be taking all my work form now on.

After all the months of dealing with my problems with XP and losing half the summer not enjoying my car I made an appointment with APS Automotive in Oklahoma City to evaluate my concerns. I made another appointment to allow them to correct the problems with my car. In one day all my problems ceased to exist.

They left it up to me whether to pull the car first or just start over. I chose to let them pull the car as-is for some semblance of a baseline. The Mustang eddy brake dyno result was 359 horsepower. Next they viewed the tune in the car and didn't like so much of what they saw that they dumped it and started over with a stock gto A4 file. Afterwards I was rewarded with a 39 peak horsepower increase, and a car that's as drivable as it was before anything had ever been modded. Sidenote: It even gets good fuel mileage again.

Here are my results:
what mods are done to your gto?
Old 09-02-2010, 01:14 PM
TECH Resident

Also Twisted, since you didn't mention it. Been to the track on this supposed 39hp better tune?
Old 09-02-2010, 01:25 PM
TECH Regular

Obviously everyone is entitled to their own opinion. My preference thus far has been Able Racing, they did a great job tuning my car. They are located in MWC, OP let me know if you need any other info about them.

I have also heard good things about APS, no personal experience.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

There are pro's & con's with every shop in Oklahoma, and hearsay is just part of the game that exists within the performance industry.

Give a couple shops a call to briefly explain what your mods/goals are, talk to some locals regarding the work they've had done, then make the best decision that'll help meet your goals.

Quick Reply: Tuners in Oklahoma or Dallas