Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help ! Lq4 skipping popping backfiring rough idle gauges going crazy

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 11:59 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help ! Lq4 skipping popping backfiring rough idle gauges going crazy

I have a 99 camaro lq4 6.0 . Car has been great never gave me a problem until yesterday morning . I left home made it about a mile . I noticed it was surging and skipping really bad . Almost like it was out of gas . Was idleing really strange and on occasion would die with the clutchi in . I put gas in it and did the same thing . The gauges are going crazy. All the dash light's are going on and off as if the switch is being cycled. Tach is jumping from 0 to redline when it does work it is sluggish at times . The water temp oil pressure and all other guages are turning on and off speedo included . If you hold your foot at part throttle it almost will not pick up at all has a hard time revving . It started all at once before this i have never had a problem with the car .
Old 09-21-2010, 12:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a ground issue to me. My friend and I installed a new engine in his 99 SS and forgot to tighten up the grounds on the backside of the driver side cylinder head. It did exactly what you're describing, surged, bucked and all the gauges went nuts. Double check all your grounding points.

Mike

Quick Reply: Help ! Lq4 skipping popping backfiring rough idle gauges going crazy