Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFI Live tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 07:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default EFI Live tune

OK so I've decided to let my buddy tune my car with his EFI Live program like he did my truck. I searched and tried to use that sticky on EFI Live tunes, but to no avail. I need to see if anybody has a good performance tune for a 2000 ls1, all it has is a slp lid w/ K&N and dynomax cat back. We can tune it, but it'd be a whole lot smoother if we already had a proven file we could use. Thanks guys and let me have some advice if you think I could do something better. I have thought about diablo and love the handheld idea of always having it with me, but I love what he was able to bring out on my 5.3L. He tunes Duramaxs for a living, and has put some dick times on the track with peoples(and his) duramaxs that are pretty much bone stock with just a tune. Anyway sorry for rambling.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:36 PM
TECH Resident

every car is different. I would just do some reading... and honestly I can sum it up here.

check spark
check fuel WOT
Check fuel trims driving around and smooth them out
tweak things....

I would not and do not suggest just using a tune online. If he did a good job with the 5.3L I would go ahead and let him do your car. That GMC has damn near the same tables as that Camaro and its the same way of tuning it. Its just a gasoline motor with spark versus a diesel motor ( yeh, i know I'm over simplifying it)
Old 09-21-2010, 07:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jhi45
OK so I've decided to let my buddy tune my car with his EFI Live program like he did my truck. I searched and tried to use that sticky on EFI Live tunes, but to no avail. I need to see if anybody has a good performance tune for a 2000 ls1, all it has is a slp lid w/ K&N and dynomax cat back. We can tune it, but it'd be a whole lot smoother if we already had a proven file we could use. Thanks guys and let me have some advice if you think I could do something better. I have thought about diablo and love the handheld idea of always having it with me, but I love what he was able to bring out on my 5.3L. He tunes Duramaxs for a living, and has put some dick times on the track with peoples(and his) duramaxs that are pretty much bone stock with just a tune. Anyway sorry for rambling.
Im sure you can squeeze a tad bit more power out with a tune, but if thats all the mods you have, i would just tweak your tune. Uploading another tune from another car will give you more problems then just tweaking your own.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:25 AM
Teching In

sounds good, we'll tweak it and play around with and see where we end up. thanks guys.