PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best handheld tuner? Does it exist?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 08:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best handheld tuner? Does it exist?

Looking to get a tuner, one that plugs into the OBD port. Is there a best one or are they all kinda the same?

I'm looking for one that I can calibrate speedo with and also take care of checking codes. Maybe even tuning the car a little bit by myself and then something a tuner could use for major tuning down the road

Is there anything like this out there that exists that could take care of everything? Really new to tuners so don't hate on the noob questions.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:43 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

a model U7198 diablosport Predator... offers the most user-adjustability and better performance tunes...

http://diablosport.com/index.php?mod...display&pid=67

you can read and clear trouble codes, record data logs, get custom tuning done for your vehicle from diablosport custom CMR tuners, etc etc.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 09-22-2010, 08:10 AM
On The Tree

Sounds awesome, can I also delete rear 02's and AIR with it? That would be a big plus.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:43 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PadenAlbin
Sounds awesome, can I also delete rear 02's and AIR with it? That would be a big plus.
Via a simple custom email tune, yes.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:44 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hptuners or efi live.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^^Nah, software suite is not for everyone. It takes time to learn and frankly, after I got my car all dialed in by 06MonteSS (using my predator to datalog for him, then I email him my log(s), and then he makes necessary adjustments etc) I was not interested in learning how to do the whole damn thing myself, not in the least. If the question was "what is the best way to tune my vehicle myself at home using all parameters", then maybe the suite would be the way to go. But for me, the predator has more than enough for someone like me to learn on, and if you email in your log like me, or visit a CMR tuner, they can really do wonders with a predator and the full software that only they have access to. I am very happy with how well my vehicle runs, and how hard it pulls. Smile makers they are over at Diablosport Btw- Thanks again Lew (for the kickass custom tune), and all the guys at Diablosport (for the great handheld). I also enjoyed the handheld "canned" tune on my car when it was stock. It really woke up the car (especially with mine being an a4- I just had to remember to use the correct octane fuel for the tune of course). Also, once I got the ltfts dialed in (also using the handheld to log) it was actually even better feeling. For me, it's great to be able to keep tweaking and adjusting things to your liking without going to the extent of a full software suite.

Last edited by oddwraith; 09-27-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

do you guys have a demo of the CMR software?
Old 09-22-2010, 11:50 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
do you guys have a demo of the CMR software?
shoot me an email, mlitsch@diablosport.com please.

Thanks
Old 09-22-2010, 01:56 PM
On The Tree

On average how much is a tune from diablo? Like bolt-on tune and getting rear 02s and such cleared?
Old 09-22-2010, 05:27 PM
On The Tree

Went on ahead an ordered the diablo, hope to be happy with it.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:46 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by PadenAlbin
On average how much is a tune from diablo? Like bolt-on tune and getting rear 02s and such cleared?
diablosport themselves does not offer custom tuning... you would need to get in touch with a diablo CMR custom tuner, such as myself

hit me up if/when you're interested in a custom tune...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Quick Reply: Best handheld tuner? Does it exist?