PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Tune File - Can someone take a look?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 12:27 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default My Tune File - Can someone take a look?

I have had nothing but trouble with my car since installing the cam two years ago. I had a local guy tune it who did a **** poor job and the car never ran right. I then took it to a place out of state (wont say where) and had them tune it. It put down 387/384 on their Dynacom dyno. I have read a couple of different threads about those dynos and some say they are accurate on HP and not torque, some say they are garbage and not accurate at all, and others say they are close to dynojet #'s. Anyway, the car ran decent then started to hang at idle and I still feel as if it is lacking in the power department.

Regardless of #'s my car doesn't perform like it should at the track or on the street. I plan on taking it back to the track this weekend to see what it does. I will have a set of drag radials so I will be able to improve on my 2.3 60' but my trap speed was only 113 before in a 2600 DA. So it has a little more in it with better air but I still think it should have been a little quicker for the mods. What do you all think it should be trapping in good air?

Anyone who can take a look at the tune file I attached and give me some feedback would be much appreciated. I need to get the hanging idle to stop and want to make sure everything else appears to be in check for my setup.

The car currently is full boltons, 231/232 .612/.588 111+4, stock 853 heads, LS6 intake, Ported TB, UD pulley, lid. The motor has 43k on it, 27k on cam swap and seems to be healthy.

Thanks for any help.
Attached Files
File Type: tun
00 red SS.tun (472.3 KB, 163 views)
Old 10-05-2010, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

VE, MAF & Desired Airflow are all stock.
You have Closed Loop enabled but are probably way rich during cold start/Open Loop.
What injectors do you have?
Old 10-05-2010, 03:46 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by shoemike
VE, MAF & Desired Airflow are all stock.
You have Closed Loop enabled but are probably way rich during cold start/Open Loop.
What injectors do you have?
Thanks for the response Mike.

I have the SVO 30# red tops in the car.

I will be the first to admit I know VERY little about tuning a car. I take it the VE, MAF and Desired Airflow all being stock is not recommended for a cam only car? What effect is that causing me right now? What about the closed loop setting?

Thanks again for the help.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Closed Loop is enabled, thats a good thing IMO.
What i would worry about is cold start.
Make sure AFR/EQ/Lambda is not overly rich before closed loop sets in.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Like I said I think we just need to start over from scratch. You shouldn't be having these idle troubles.. We will need a wideband though to tune the WOT.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:45 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by mvvette97
Like I said I think we just need to start over from scratch. You shouldn't be having these idle troubles.. We will need a wideband though to tune the WOT.
Sounds like a plan Marc. Just wanted to see what others thought about the current tune in this thing. I will have to pick up a wideband.