PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vindicator 02 camaro m6 tune? help?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 12:56 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vindicator 02 camaro m6 tune? help?

my friend just installed a vengeance vindicator cam (240/244 .605/.596 112 LSA) in his 2002 M6 Camaro. it is a stock ls1 with ls6 intake(stock on 02 ls1) and hooker LT's. other than that it just has supporting mods like valve springs, pushrods, oil pump, t chain, exc.

i have HP tuners pro and The Tuning School beginners course. i told him i would try to tune it for him if he just paid for the credits for his car. i've been following the steps in the beginners course but i can't seen to get it to idle.

just wondering if anyone has any advice on tuning it or any sample tunes for the vindicator? i have search the hptuners repository and found nothing. anything will help. thanks
Old 10-25-2010, 06:28 AM
TECH Regular

did you follow the checklist provided by The Tuning School for Heads/Cam Tune ? you should be ok with that
Old 10-25-2010, 04:45 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah, I've followed the checklist exactly. Does anyone have an example of what you used for idle airflow and start up airflow initial?
Old 11-04-2010, 08:21 PM
TECH Resident

bump!
Old 12-09-2010, 09:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Tell your friend to find a more experienced tuner !
Old 12-12-2010, 09:53 AM
TECH Regular

throw a scanner on it and see what your iac sensor is doin.. it should be low numbers at idle like 20 or somethin i cant remember.. but i have that cam and even after a dyno tune i cant get my car to idle for **** till i took someone elses advice and started drilling the throttle body plate one drill bit size at a time.. cause what happens is your cam needs alot more air to run the motor. and your iac can only open so much, so when u open up that little hole a little bigger its helping the iac get back to where it should be. try that. it helped alot for me
Old 12-16-2010, 08:40 AM
9 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Under the Idle page open up the Airflow tab:
Base Running Airflow table: Add +3 to the entire table and then drive around for a while and let the idle trims settle out. Repeat by adding more idle airflow until the idle starts to hang or it finally stabalizes. More than likely you will have to add a total of +6 to +8 to get it close. This will help your idle when the car is sitting still. There are other airflow tables to address startup and also the throttle follower/cracker tables to address throttle closing decay and return rate when the car is moving.
Idle tuning is typically the most difficult part to get right. I'm still trying to get some random idle surge out of a Magic Stick 3 cam swap.