PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

obd2 port not working

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 01:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default obd2 port not working

ok so the other day i went to get my 01 trans am tunned and the obd2 plug wouldnt work... my guages messed up only ones working are the speedo,volt and oil pressure guages service engine light came one and check guages light. checked all fuses there all good.. idk what it could be help
Old 10-25-2010, 06:26 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well pin 16 orange wire, is the scan tool hot. Should have 12 volts there all the time. Pin pin is scan tool ground, make sure you ground there. Then pin 5 is communication ground. check your wires and see if you have power and ground. If you do it maybe the scan tool. I know you said the fuse is good, the scan tool is powered off the cig lighter fuse.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by RsSean
Well pin 16 orange wire, is the scan tool hot. Should have 12 volts there all the time. Pin pin is scan tool ground, make sure you ground there. Then pin 5 is communication ground. check your wires and see if you have power and ground. If you do it maybe the scan tool. I know you said the fuse is good, the scan tool is powered off the cig lighter fuse.
ya thats the frist one i checked i pluged my hp tunners up to my truck today and it worked in there so i know it ant it where does pin 5 go too and if thats messed up would i make cluster mess up???
Old 10-29-2010, 02:39 PM
Staging Lane

check ground on drivers side from block to frame was problm

Quick Reply: obd2 port not working