Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

usb autotap?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 07:46 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default usb autotap?

Just wondering if anyone has purchased the new USB Autotap program? My laptop does not have a serial port. Anyone have any positive/negative experience with it?
Old 02-02-2004, 09:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got mine at Radio Shack I have a SONY VAIO and it does not have a serial port and it works grate .I have AUTO TAP EFI LIVE V5 & V6. the USB adapter cost me $30.00
Old 02-03-2004, 07:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have a part # for the adaptor?
Old 02-05-2004, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was in the exact same situation today. I was all set to hook up the Atap to my new HP and there is no serial port on the damm thing. I also have an an adapter, but I paid $50 for mine for CompUSAs website. I originally needed the adapter for a program for work. I hooked up the adapter and ran the program but it would not reconise the port of my work program. I talked to my tech staff and they said it was a limitation of our program.I decided to call B&B Electronics today, but I was told that BOTH techs were busy, lol. I hung up and tried it anyway and it worked fine. It had to look through something like 14 ports to find it, but nine the less it works. I would NOT by another Atap, when u will need this adapter for other things as well. Good Luck, I would try his $30 part b4 CompUSA's $50.
Old 02-05-2004, 10:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Just bought my adapter from Best Buyer. $39.95 with a $10 mail in rebate. Easy. Load the software follow the instructions, plug in the adapter and off you go . No problems (so far). Will be using it for both Atap and LS1 Edit.

David
Old 02-07-2004, 02:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by you2slo
Just wondering if anyone has purchased the new USB Autotap program? My laptop does not have a serial port. Anyone have any positive/negative experience with it?
I just received the EFIlive USB version. Pretty sweet and just a little box with a cable and USB. (no box in the middle). Only problem I had was the connect went to COM 5, so I had to read the documentaion

My only complaint so far was the registration. The key would not work. I called them and they said to add two zeros to the front of the hardware serial number and put dashes, instead of spaces, for the reg key I told them well perhaps you should just print it that way
Old 02-09-2004, 11:24 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks for the info Debian.