PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought HP Tuners & pulled the tune from my car...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought HP Tuners & pulled the tune from my car...

I decided to dive in to HP Tuners after not being completely happy with the driveability of my post-cam dyno tune. Got it all set up last night & pulled the tune from my car & here's what I have (below).

I talked to another very gracious forum member here that's gonna help me out with my tune. He was very curious as to why my tuner converted my OS to Speed Density with a MAF tune. I am too. So, I only have 2 credits to tune my car with. That's all I thought I would need. Apparently I will need four. Two to convert the SD tune & two to go back to a MAF tune. I'm completely confident in the member helping me out, but just wanted to ask some opinions around here as well.

Also, is it weird to anybody else that my original tuner tuned my car with a SD OS with a MAF tune? Mods are in my sig, bolt-on, cam only, stalled A4.

Thanks!

Last edited by osuhog; 11-02-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The easiest way would be having the stock tune written to your PMC and starting over. If anything goes wrong you have the backup you just made from your current SD tune.

But it's very unlikely you have the stock tune, so you need to get it from the guy who tuned it before.
If He doesn't have it, you will need to build a new one manually if you only have 2 credits. I think support can help you with that, send them an email.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool, thanks for the reply man. He's supposed to email me my stock file. Will I be able to overwrite this tune on my car with my stock file & my 2 credits?
Old 11-02-2010, 10:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by osuhog
Cool, thanks for the reply man. He's supposed to email me my stock file. Will I be able to overwrite this tune on my car with my stock file & my 2 credits?
Yes you will.

A write-entire will take care of it.
After that, any changes made only perform a write-calibration-only

As a matter of fact, you can use your current saved tune as a base and tweak it. Or you can simply start over
Old 11-02-2010, 10:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MontecarloDrag
Yes you will.

A write-entire will take care of it.
After that, any changes made only perform a write-calibration-only

As a matter of fact, you can use your current saved tune as a base and tweak it. Or you can simply start over
No, You have to have a license for the tune that is in the PCM and the tune you are wanting to write to it. That is 2 credits for the SD OS in the PCM and 2 credits for the stock file. Just get him to write your stock file and OS back and then license that file for the 2 credits you have. You can drive to OKC and back cheaper than spending $100 on 2 more credits.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:38 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
No, You have to have a license for the tune that is in the PCM and the tune you are wanting to write to it. That is 2 credits for the SD OS in the PCM and 2 credits for the stock file. Just get him to write your stock file and OS back and then license that file for the 2 credits you have. You can drive to OKC and back cheaper than spending $100 on 2 more credits.
mmmmm you may be right. I remember doing this, but I can't remember if it was to a vehicle I had licensed so I'm not sure now.

Still it wouldn't hurt to try it before driving so far. The license won't be wasted

Quick Reply: Just bought HP Tuners & pulled the tune from my car...