Sponsored by:

Change firing order in tune???

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 12:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Change firing order in tune???

Greetings,
I bought a 98Z a couple weeks ago as a project car. The car has a MTI lid, and some kind of exhaust on it. The guy I bought it from said the car has a Granatelli Maf on it, on a stock tune. I pulled the tune and compared it to a stock 98 tune and it was drastically different. I pulled the MAF and it looks exactly like the stock one, except its plastic....I dont think thats the Granatelli one. I made a stock tune so I can have a better starting place to build a tune, and I noticed that under Engine Diagnostics < General, there is a button for firing order. They had that changed to 3-1-8-7-2-6-5-4. I put it back to stock LS1 firing order and car seems to run a lot smoother, but that could also be because I changed a lot of other parameters. Anyone know why that table would be changed, and if that actually changes the firing order? Thanks!

Adam
Old 11-03-2010, 12:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that table does not change the actual firing order,, it is just for misfire diagnostics(what i was told) or if you phyically changed the firing order on a engine transplant running a ls computer you coulf change the tune for misfire diag.

Quick Reply: Change firing order in tune???