PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

low speed stalling.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default low speed stalling.

So i'm not sure if this is a tuning issue, but i just bought '01 z/28 from a dealer that bought the car at an auction. it has a cam, dual exhaust/off road H-pipe, SLP intake, a cam, and i believe an aftermarket throttle body. I'm not sure if the MAF is stock or not.

my problem is that when the engine is cold, while backing out of parking spaces and during low speed maneuvering, the engine has a tendency to stall, or if not, it drops down to almost stalling and runs back up to about 1200-1500 rpm and back down a few more times, either stalling finally or settling back down. It doesnt seem to happen when the engine is warmed up really, maybe once in a great while. i bumped the idle up a little and it helped a little, but seems like kind of a band aid fix.

the dealer i bought it from evidently had it dyno tuned at a shop and gave me a graph but that doesn't really tell me about what the guy did or how good he was. i called the shop that did the tune but the guy just sort of blows me off and tells me he'll call me back. its sort of an irritating problem so any light you could shed would be greatly appreciated.

also, the car put out 358rwhp. the number seems a bit low from what i have seen around forums for combinations similar to mine. however, i'm not sure of the cam specs so it could just be a very mild cam?
Old 11-05-2010, 06:05 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it an A4 or M6? Sounds like you need to find a good tuner in your area and get it retuned... any time the original "tuner" blows you off and doesn't want to fix a come-back it is likely because they don't know what they are doing in the first place and are off trying to get "new money" - they don't want to spend time fixing what they already have money in their pocket for...
Old 11-05-2010, 07:58 AM
Teching In

its an m6. yeah i was sort of afraid of that. looks like i'll have to be calling some shops here in town to see what its going to run for someone to wave their magic tuning wand over it.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:26 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once you find a shop, you might want to ask on here or other forums and try to get some feedback on the place before dropping the money...
Old 11-05-2010, 06:06 PM
Teching In

i yeah i definitely will. my clutch is starting to dislike rowdy behavior, money dictates that i either spring for the tune and then baby it till i can afford the clutch, or install the clutch and deal with my parking lot frustration. decisions, decisions.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

PM sent with tuning info.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: low speed stalling.