PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPS reads 0 at all positions. Which wire is cut/shorted?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 10:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question TPS reads 0 at all positions. Which wire is cut/shorted?

Just got my car back from a Miami shop after swapping Ported LS6's/cam and FAST 90 for Ported L92's, L76, and custom cam.

What wire or wires could be affected to cause the problem?

I'm getting DTC'S 122, and 443.

Couldn't even connect my efilive because they did NOT put the cig/accy fuse back. They also didn't reconnect my Oil pressure and Coolant temp a-pillar gauges

Guess it's no surprise about the rest of the car not being right (not the first time they've made . . . mistakes).

Live and learn. Any shops in the Tampa area that could assist me with the tps problem?

Thanks in advance!

Old 11-07-2010, 05:53 AM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, when it's unplugged it should read 100% (4.5ish V). So you got no power going to the plug at all.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 98Z28CobraKiller
Well, when it's unplugged it should read 100% (4.5ish V). So you got no power going to the plug at all.
That is what most of the research I've been doing leads me to believe. It must be a mechanical/electrical issue.

I have an appointment with Formato tomorrow afternoon. I have never dealt with his company and only know OF him through the forums. I am PRAYING he is a professional and knows his stuff.

The Miami shop that did my current work eg.

H/C/I swap and replace my leaking oil pan and shot master cylinder. Other than that EVERYTHING on my car was in perfect working condition with all parts present and accounted for.

This is what I got back:

They had my car for 2 1/2 months and told me for the last month and a half it would be done next week ... They said that every week.

They did NOT replace my master cylinder.
My PCM diagnostics port was NOT working.
The oil pressure and coolant temperature A-pillar gauges were NOT working.
My TPS is NOT functioning/powered or whatever (preventing any ability to tune)
2 gorilla lug nuts were NOT on the front wheels.
One of my Firehawk center caps is NOT on or IN the car (they are out of production and cost $100-150 used ... IF there are any for sale).