Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harness and ecm question....5.3 into 69 camaro

Old 11-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Harness and ecm question....5.3 into 69 camaro

Hey guys
Couple of questions. Im new to this swap so please help.
I have a 2003 5.3 going into my 69. I will be using a t56 6 speed. All ls1 accessories and no ac. I will also be using the ls6 intake with DBC t/b( lq4 throtle body).
I have the 5.3 harness with no computer and maf.
For the harhess, should i just modify the 5.3 harness, use a ls1 harness or a stand alone harness? Are all the connectors different from the 5.3 to LS1.
I know the injectors and ecm are different but what about alternator, o2 sensors...etc.
Do i need to use the 5.3 computer or can I just use the ls1 computer, maf, o2 sensors.
I dont know what works with what. Kind of confused, please help. Thanks
Old 11-17-2010, 01:37 PM
Launching!

Thanks for all the help guys...lol
There must be someone out there that knows what will work.
Thanks
Old 11-17-2010, 05:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Since nobody else will answer, let me give you some guidance.

This section is for tuning and diagnostics. The forum right above this is for conversions and hybrids. Most folks don't enter here unless they have a code problem, or tuning question.......your question belongs in there, it will get a better response.......

Not trying to be a smartass here......but.....be patient and don't be a smartass yourself, there are plenty on here already, and you won't get far with an attitude. There are a lot of knowledgable guys on here that are more than willing to help. I know it's frustrating.

PM a mod, and ask him to move your thread there, or copy and paste it there and delete this one. I have some answers for you, but won't do it in this forum......

No disrespect intended.....

T,
Old 11-18-2010, 12:50 PM
Launching!

Thanks TomM.
I figured it was in the wrong place.
How do i delete this tread.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Got to your very first post and hit the edit button, then hit go advanced button, and scroll down. Select the delete post dot , and then hit the delete button at bottom. Be sure to paste over your questions into the conversions and hybrid section, so you don't have to retype it all, then come back here and delete......

We'll get started on your answers over there........what you are asking is pretty simple, and easier than you might think......cya there..

T,

Search this Thread