PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.0 Stalls when shifting from R to 1st

Old 11-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.0 Stalls when shifting from R to 1st

2006 6.0 w/ car intake, TB, Injectors and Pro Products Fuel Rails. Converted to cable drive using older PCM that is tuned for application. GMPP Hot Cam and that is about it.

Once I am in gear it drives fine and shifts. But if I am at an idle in P or N and shift to 1st or Reverse it sputters and dies. I can sometimsd keep it going if I gas it and hold the brake as I shift.

It is in a custom off road racer with a TH400 so the tranny controls on the PCM have been removed as was the VSS. Please help.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:44 AM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I only think its funny because I have the same cam and same issue. `01 6.0L truck intake, Hot Cam, 4l60e. For the most part it drives fine, but it does stall once in a while. However, it loves to stall when shifting from N to reverse, or into gear, or F to R.

Whats your idle set at? I have it at 625, any slower and it constantly stalls, any faster and it tries to push through the convertor as you slow to a stop and the car surges. (stock stall). If you have HPT try doing the rus K idle airflow config, it helped mine a bit.

No matter what I have done though, it shifts crummy, and tends to surge a bit as I slow down to a stop. But I have my F/N, R,F shifts timed so well to the surge now that I don`t really even notice it. My brother went to move my car a couple weeks ago and was complaining how bad it ran because he killed it 3-4 times. LOL

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 6.0 Stalls when shifting from R to 1st