PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can some Explain Start up Friction Airflow and Start up Airflow Initial to me Please?

Old 11-14-2010, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question Can some Explain Start up Friction Airflow and Start up Airflow Initial to me Please?

Ok With HPT I have fixed my Cold Start up surging.But it sill is there a little bit.When its colder temps I made it Delay longer for the Start up airflow to Decay.So what is the difference between the Initial and Friction.It decays as long as I want it to but I see it doesn't decay to zero it goes to about .600 if I could get it to go to decay to zero slowly instead of going from .60 to zero I think the surging would be gone for good...Thanks for the Info...
Old 11-14-2010, 01:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Which airflow table are you getting the .6 to 0 drop on? The idea was, the startutp airflow is there to get the engine cranked, and then decay away quickly once that has happened. The friction ariflow table was wan adder to literally help overcome cold friction which will decay out more slowly. People use them in all kinds of nearly mutual fashions though it seems.

If it's startup initial that you want to slow down, set it's decay field to a smaller step (maybe 0.1~0.2... default is something high like 0.8-ish).
Old 11-14-2010, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am monitoring Idle start up airflow with HPT.I Have noticed that when this number drops to 0 my Idle starts surging sometimes worse than on other days, I think it just depends how cold my coolant is on that day.So I see Start up Airflow decay is at .800 so try .100 or .200 in that Area? Also thanks Frost I seem to have my Timing at a great spot No more KR registering with HPT Scanner and I don't smell like such a rolling gas station....
Scott

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can some Explain Start up Friction Airflow and Start up Airflow Initial to me Please?