Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Injector duty cycle goes up and down at WOT

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 07:13 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injector duty cycle goes up and down at WOT

I'm having an issue with a 09 LS3 Vette with a Procharger on it since I swapped from stock injectors to these 72 lbs/hr. Heres a little history.

Installed Procharger. Ran it for a weekend with stock injecotrs and did not have this issue. Swapped to bosch 105 high impedence and started having this issue. Thought it was the injectors so went to FIC 72lbs same issue. Car will idle fine and drive perfect but as soon as I go wot, regardless of RPM, the car will either cut out or buck back and forth. In the log the injector dc is wavy fluctuating from 50% to 40% and so on. Or it will start to climb hit about 60% and then the car will hit what feels like traction control. When it does that the duty cycle reads 60% then falls to 20%.

I believe its something in the tune because as I play with the IFR table it will get better and worse but I am maxed out@ 127lbs/hr before its perfect and I feel I should not be raping tables to get this injectors tuned correctly.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:45 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The injector duty cycle calculates off the tuning perameters set.Meaning you can tune it one way and it would go to say- 60% duty cycle, tune it another way and it could be 150% duty cycle. Both ways to run fine.

Sounds like your missing something in the tune if the car runs bad.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Either your Air Flow Model is up the **** or your IFR is. Either way something is commanding your weird IDC's and its not directly related to the injectors themselves as they just do what you tell them to with zero feedback what so ever.