Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Previous Tune???? Diablosport??

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Previous Tune???? Diablosport??

I bought a used '05 GTO from a dealer. It has SLP LT's, Hi flows, Corsa Exhaust, Intake, and I'm sure a UD Pulley. From the work done I'm pretty sure the previous owner had tune on it. If I have a diablosport will I be able to tell? Also is data logging the same as on LX cars?

I also have a Charger and as far as I can tell Diablo is the easy plug for the LX platform, I got a mail tune from Johan after doing some logging.

Sorry for the newb questions, there are just so many more tuning options for LS motors than the LX platform.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:22 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by houston_four
I bought a used '05 GTO from a dealer. It has SLP LT's, Hi flows, Corsa Exhaust, Intake, and I'm sure a UD Pulley. From the work done I'm pretty sure the previous owner had tune on it. If I have a diablosport will I be able to tell? Also is data logging the same as on LX cars?

I also have a Charger and as far as I can tell Diablo is the easy plug for the LX platform, I got a mail tune from Johan after doing some logging.

Sorry for the newb questions, there are just so many more tuning options for LS motors than the LX platform.
well, if the ecm is not locked from the previous tune, the predator 7191 model predator would work on it, and it will save the tune that's on there as the "original backup"...

if you then post up that original backup tune file, I can check it out for ya and tell you if it's a stock tune or not...

and no, logging is totally different on GM's compared to fords/dodge/chrysler...

here's info on logging your GM...

http://diablosport.com/index.php?nam...iewtopic&t=917

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 01-07-2011, 11:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
well, if the ecm is not locked from the previous tune, the predator 7191 model predator would work on it, and it will save the tune that's on there as the "original backup"...

if you then post up that original backup tune file, I can check it out for ya and tell you if it's a stock tune or not...

and no, logging is totally different on GM's compared to fords/dodge/chrysler...

here's info on logging your GM...

http://diablosport.com/index.php?nam...iewtopic&t=917
Yeah, that's a lot more involved than logging in the Charger. Can you log to your laptop like in the LX?
Old 01-07-2011, 11:40 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

yes... you can use the DataViewer software on a laptop...

connect the predator to the obd port... then connect it to the laptop... then use the DataViewer software on the laptop to select the parameters to datalog, and then click the start/stop buttons on it to do the logging...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com