Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 Edit/Scanner help a noob

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 01:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ls1 Edit/Scanner help a noob

I know that the Ls1 edit scanner is crap but that is all I have and cannot afford a $300+ scanner at this time. I also have a predator but its locked the PCM of my truck so I dont think it will be much help.
I tried hooking up the LS1 scanner to my car and when I hit connect to PCM it tells me to open a log file. This is where I dont know what I am doing. I thought the scanner was supposed to create the log file. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I am a noob when it comes to tuning PCM's so please be kind and explain like I am 5 years old. I am much more familiar with the turning the screw on the carb for tuning lol.

What I'm trying to get out of this.

I have done basic editing in the past such as fan temps and gear ratio's which are simple. Recently I have added a few after market parts such as a ported throttle body, SLP MAF, SLP air box and a cat back so I am sure my A/F ratio's and timing could be adjusted to be more optimal. I am not looking to dyno the car (again I dont have the money now) I just want to car to run the best it can.

But first I know I need to log my parameters which is where I need the help at this time with the scanner. Does anybody know how to use the LS1 edit scanner?