Sponsored by:

SES fan relay control circuit.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 06:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SES fan relay control circuit.

Hey everyone.

I am having a problem with my fans after a problem that I encountered with my 2001 ATI supercharged Z28.

I did the install and things worked fine. I decided to take the car on a trip down to school to test how well it ran over long distance. Sometime during the trip back home the air pendulum came off the blower and sucked in the fan wiring.

Needless to say the connector with the three spliced wires was pretty badly messed up and so were the wires. Well I decided to see if I could fix the problem. I did everything to clean out the blower and the intake/changed oil. When I tracked the wires down again I soldered new leads to the old wires and reconnected them based on the ATI instructions.

I went to run the car and I got 3 codes pertaining to the fan relay control circuit. Both 2, 3 and I believe one as well. Again I decided perhaps I wired them up incorrectly and I repeated the procedure.

Well I am still throwing an SES code pertaining to the fan relay control circuit. I turned on the A/C and I can still hear a clicking noise coming from the car. I have not tested for volts in any of the wires or relays. I do not believe the fans are running unless they are super silent as I cannot hear them. How do I know what part of the electrical system needs attention? How can I check to make sure the relays are still good? How can I tell if the wire was damaged in an unseen area? Could it be my fans? Does anyone know of a good shop that specializes in electrical problems with Camaros located in the Northern VA area? I would prefer to handle this myself, however I am no electrician and would not want to mess anything else up in my quest to fix this problem.

Sincerely
Badz2801
Old 02-09-2004, 10:42 PM
wrencher

Have you checked the fuses that power the fans?
Old 02-09-2004, 11:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by wrencher
Have you checked the fuses that power the fans?
I have checked them in the sense that I pulled the pannel off and looked to see if they were shot...I also check inside the car but I dont believe there are any in there. When you say fuses I assume you mean the large high amp (maybe yellow/orange) fuses in the engine bay?

Sincerely
Badz2801