Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning book, Noobie learning

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 11:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning book, Noobie learning

Hello, I am a carb guy w a 6.0 ls3 head engine thinking of going fuel injected with an l76. I know all the little ins and outs of making this work mechanicly but am new to and somewhat intimidated by tuning. I am not going to ask the old HPTuner/EFILive question, but I am looking for a very user friendly system. Question: Any recommendations on a "Tuning for Idiots" book that starts from scratch... Some thing to learn all the acronyms and definitions from. I am a quick learner but I can"t stare at the computer too long or I go crosseyed! I am mostly interested in tuning for off road vehicles and am wondering if attempting to tune a GM ecm with all extra vehicle peramiters would be more confusing than some thing like a F.A.S.T. system? When I get a book and read up, I won,t sound like an Idiot when I ask questions!Thanks for your reply
Old 01-22-2011, 12:45 PM
10 Second Club

Master EFI Tuner by Dan Maslic - Highly Recommended.

This is a great book and covers HP Tuners, I believe he has an EFI Live version coming out soon.

http://www.masportspeedshop.com/serv...-tuning/Detail
Old 01-22-2011, 03:00 PM
Teching In

Default book suggestion, thanks

Thanks for the reply,I'll get it. I'm a bit old school in that I learn better from books plus I can read it at work at my breaks
Old 01-22-2011, 07:07 PM
ctd
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ha! Another carb guy like me.

Navigating the software is equal or more difficult than the tuning part. You have to be prepared to take on both.