Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LC1 and HPTuners

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 01:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LC1 and HPTuners

Having issues when trying to get my wideband to work properly with HPTuners. On my gauge in the car where it is hooked up via innovative instructions it reads in between 14.5 and 15.5 but where it is hooked into hp tuners it reads 10 to 10.2 pretty consistently.

I've tried the pre-programmed lm1 install which it reads around 10. I've tried the pre-programmed LC1 install where it reads around 7 the whole time...and I've tried the custom install where you put volts/.625 plus 10 and set the units etc.

My stft are reading negative 18-20 which means it's running rich? correct? if that is the case. I'm confused because my gauge in the car is reading almost perfect stoich and my wideband output is reading something different. and yes I have calibrated it at least 5 times to make sure that was the issue...

Please any help would be appreciated.. I work a lot of hours and rarely get to work on my car these days and would like to make some progress on these days off. Once I can get this fixed, I can drive some logs and send them off to frost.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The easiest way to check is with O2 sensor in free-air. Properly calibrated it should measure about 20.9 AFR

Run Scanner and check if it agrees with the 20.9

If scanner or gauge are way off from 20.9 then you need to adjust
Old 01-26-2011, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

that's not the answer to my question...I'm not asking whether or not my calibration is right...I'm asking why my gauge will read one thing while HPTuners will read something else. How do I make them read the same so I have an accurate reading for HPTuners so I can tune my car.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:38 PM
TECH Regular

he just gave you a starting point. Check to see if the sensor is working correctly first. Process of elimination. You can check over in the hptuners forums you may find more help there. good luck