Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anybody know hat the KOEO and KOER tests actually test

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 03:08 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default anybody know hat the KOEO and KOER tests actually test

Just getting ready to swap to a stand alone system....
but still have to Pass ODB2 tests for emissions here in Nashville..

trying to find out what the "Key on engine off" and "key on engine running" tests actually test so I can try to fool the pcm so I dont have to swap engine harnesses and other parts every year for emissions

I plan on splitting signals to the pcm for stuff it actually needs to be in the "Run" state.
but I only want to have to send what is actually necessary...
Old 01-31-2011, 03:21 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"KOEO", actually the "comprehensive component monitor" checks virtually everything connected to the ECM/PCM/VCM. The "KOER" tests are more specific to individual systems. You can find more info on the various tests by checking any OBD2 drive cycle info on Mitchell, ALLDATA, etc. Probably find it on gear chatter too.

You may be able to set all the codes, as in every single one of them, to no error, and have the monitors come up as complete. A good check would be to unplug your injectors, and coils, turn off all respective codes (open circuit codes), and see if the comprehensive comp monitor completes at KOEO.

PS, why would you swap to a stand alone? Are you exceeding the power limitations of the OE controller?
Old 01-31-2011, 03:41 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
"KOEO", actually the "comprehensive component monitor" checks virtually everything connected to the ECM/PCM/VCM. The "KOER" tests are more specific to individual systems. You can find more info on the various tests by checking any OBD2 drive cycle info on Mitchell, ALLDATA, etc. Probably find it on gear chatter too.

You may be able to set all the codes, as in every single one of them, to no error, and have the monitors come up as complete. A good check would be to unplug your injectors, and coils, turn off all respective codes (open circuit codes), and see if the comprehensive comp monitor completes at KOEO.

PS, why would you swap to a stand alone? Are you exceeding the power limitations of the OE controller?

Simply put....
LS1 PCM Sucks
terrible at Temperature correction...doesnt do WOT A/F Correction.
Cant do full Nitrous control or boost control
cant tell the nitrous or boost to turn off when you go too lean or too rich
no built in 2step/3step
**** poor rev limiter
do I need to go on???
Old 01-31-2011, 03:49 PM
8 Second Club

and my question more relates to what I did today...
I went to the inspections station..
they did a pressure test on my gas cap, and they connected an OBD2 diagnostic computer to my car...
I left the engine running, was asked to step into the waiting room, less than 2 minutes later the test was complete and I received my "passed emissions" paper.
it has listed on it KOEO: passed and KOER: Passed
but I wanted to know exactly what that meant.. what did it actually look for.

I can set all my PCM DTC's to show no error reported with the SES checked and pass every single test for readiness...

but I want to know if the diagnostic is looking for specific other things...like rpm? or ECT/IAT/TPS..

I'll gladly wire in resistors to get the stand still sensors to show a value.
I can split the crank/cam sensors and use some diodes to prevent back-feeding data from happening between stock and stand alone PCM's

But I'm just trying to limit the work I have to do to a minimum..
no sense in doing a full day worth of extra work if its not needed.

Quick Reply: anybody know hat the KOEO and KOER tests actually test