Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P1153?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 07:51 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default P1153?

I've been getting a P1153 Mfg control fuel air metering. My MAC / Actron scanner is giving me these values.

ST FTRM 1 -1.6
ST FTRM 2 30.5

LT FTRM 1 6.3
LT FTRM 2 25.0

I'm a newbie, and not really sure what that means.

Also,

o2s11v .250 (fluctuates)

o2s12 .445 never goes below .445

I'm thinking my passenger side o2 sensor is bad. Does that sound about right?

Thanks!
Old 02-01-2011, 09:25 AM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 99ls1tj
I've been getting a P1153 Mfg control fuel air metering. My MAC / Actron scanner is giving me these values.

ST FTRM 1 -1.6
ST FTRM 2 30.5

LT FTRM 1 6.3
LT FTRM 2 25.0

Also,

o2s11v .250 (fluctuates)

Thanks!
Well, im not a tuner but I got those 1153 1133 codes after I installed my long tubes. Turns out to be very common for guys with lts on the car. I guess it because the o2s are are further down stream and are not heating like they would in the stock manifolds. Tuners will say a proper tune is the answer. I havent had mine tuned yet so IDK.

Do you have wideband o2s or stock? How exactly is your o2s oscillating? Whats the mv ranges?

Maybe my old thread can help you out with the o2 oscillation question....https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...0mv-450mv.html
Old 02-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Teching In

Thanks, I actually read that this morning before I posted. :-) I went ahead and ordered an o2 sensor from amazon. It's only about $40. I'll see what that does. thanks again
Old 02-02-2011, 09:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Thanks, I actually read that this morning before I posted. :-) I went ahead and ordered an o2 sensor from amazon. It's only about $40. I'll see what that does. thanks again
did you at least switch o2s locations side to side to see if the code follows to the other side? Trust me if you dont figure it out your just going to dunp a small fortune into buying o2s every few weeks lol. Ask me how I know. Sure the code will go away after you put the new one in but it will be back a few weeks later maybe sooner. Those codes are nothing to worry about anyway.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:40 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ST FTRM 1 -1.6
ST FTRM 2 30.5

LT FTRM 1 6.3
LT FTRM 2 25.0

Also,

o2s11v .250 (fluctuates)

Thanks!
Forget the code, you should worry about the fact that your PCM is POURING the fuel (55% more) on the passenger side. It's going to hurt that side of the engine drowning it like that. You either have a cylinder misfiring on that side or a massive exhaust leak. Both of those make the PCM 'think' it's lean and cause it to overfuel like crazy in an attempt to fix what can't be fixed with extra fuel...
Old 02-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Frost
Forget the code, you should worry about the fact that your PCM is POURING the fuel (55% more) on the passenger side. It's going to hurt that side of the engine drowning it like that. You either have a cylinder misfiring on that side or a massive exhaust leak. Both of those make the PCM 'think' it's lean and cause it to overfuel like crazy in an attempt to fix what can't be fixed with extra fuel...
Yeah, I think I have problems. Here's a plug from the pass. side:

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/a...3/IMG_2039.jpg

driver's side:

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/a...3/IMG_2038.jpg
Old 02-03-2011, 08:40 AM
Teching In

This might be better moved to the internal engine???

I did a compression check and got 160 + or - 5 psi on each cyl. That was cold.

I checked the o2 wiring and got continuity to the ho2s high and low signal wires on the pcm wiring. I got a good ground on the connector. The only thing I haven't checked is the +12 v ignition lead. I want to wait for a helper for that. I don't have small leads for my mm.

I have a minor exhaust leak, way downstream, but that's all.

I would question my scanner, but all the plugs are all fouled on the pass. side, so i guess that confirms there is a problem.

Not sure about the oil on the driver's side plugs???

This was supposed to be a low mileage motor, but it's in a rock crawler I bought, so it was probably abused. I know it sat for a few years too.

I know it's been tuned, but I'm not sure how much other than vats removal, etc.

I'm not getting any misfire codes. How else would I know if I'm getting a misfire? Bad coil pack, maybe?

The o2 sensor on that side is only giving a reading of .445 - .450. It's not oscillating. The driver's side sensor is oscillating from about .2 - .9

Any other thoughts?

thanks
Old 02-04-2011, 10:24 PM
Teching In

I finally got the pass. side o2 sensor reading. I'm not 100% sure if it was messing with the wires, or the new sensor. It dawned on me that I may not have given the new sensor enough time to start oscillating when I first tested it. Therefore, I'm inclined to think the o2 sensor fixed it.

I went ahead and picked up HP tuners. I need to make some subtle changes now, and maybe some more drastic changes later.

The fuel trims are looking a lot better, although I'm not sure they are ideal.
I did learn that a dirty fuel filter can cause those to go up, and now the left and right side are looking pretty close, so that may be it.

Here's a short video of hp tuners, in case anyone is interested. I'm not sure how "normal" this is??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH_fkCLNPus

Quick Reply: P1153?