PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Running lean, o2 issues, lc1 installed

Old 02-04-2011, 07:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running lean, o2 issues, lc1 installed

So, I just intalled a LC1 wideband to act as a narrowband (bank 1, drivers side) and I haven't gotten the wideband to log correctly yet, but I set the narrowband to what everyone recommended. Upon logging using HPTuners I see that the passenger side o2 (the one I didn't change) is switching very well between 1-200mv and 7-800mv and STFT and LTFT were looking about average. The driver side o2, the one that is now the LC1 and included sensor, is very slow switching and as a result my STFT are pegged at 25.

As a result of this, I'm throwing a lean code (which is why I got the LC1 in the first place, so I could fine tune AFR). I need to get my car emissions tested in 6 weeks and in Maryland they hook it to the OBD2 port, as long as there are no check engine codes, you pass.

For now, could I just turn the code off in HPtuners?

Also, any insight on what to check voltages wise?

I doubt the sensor is bad since I installed it right out of a brand new box and I did everything the instructions said. I suppose it's possible that I fried the actual LC1 unit by shorting it or something.

Anyone familiar enough with this unit to know what the voltages should be at each wire?

I hooked it up according to directions and found that they mixed up the colors of the 12v heater and heater ground. Other than that it SEEMS correct. The car runs okay, but at high rpms it stumbles pretty badly.

I'll post of a log file tomorrow morning.

Thanks all.

Search this Thread