Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about tuning suites

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about tuning suites

I was thinking about getting a tuning software suite such as HPTuners or EFI live however the opportunity has come to be that I can get ahold of a Tech II. Now I realize that their is much more expense involved in owning a Tech II but I am curious to know whether their are things that the software suites can do that can't be done by a Tech II or are they all the same type tools and can accomplish the same tasks?
Old 02-23-2011, 02:00 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

the TechII is a diagnostics tool... you can't tune with it like you can with tuning software such as hptuners, efi live, diablosport CMR, etc etc...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 02-23-2011, 02:51 PM
9 Second Club

I'm think you can flash tunes with a T2 but only stock GM tunes, don't believe you can modify them. Certainly not to the extent of HPT or EFILive.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by wreckwriter
I'm think you can flash tunes with a T2 but only stock GM tunes, don't believe you can modify them. Certainly not to the extent of HPT or EFILive.
You can't modify the tunes and you need a source to get the tunes and it can't save the tunes. I'd get a used snapon red brick and the rest of the money I'd spend on a tuning package