PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting 3* of KR in third gear....

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 09:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Getting 3* of KR in third gear....

Car runs real strong in first and second gear when it shifts into third it gets 3* of KR and the car seems to nose dive. Has anyone had this problem that may have a fix? Is there anyway that you can timing pull timing in a certain gear than just across the board? Also I'm planning on running nitrous how can I tune my car to run NA and on NO2? I'll be running NA most of the time and I would like as much power as I can get for NA use.
Old 02-15-2004, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A lot of views and no feedback! Can any of you gurus give a little help?
Old 02-16-2004, 04:19 PM
TECH Regular

You can pull timing by gear with the upshift torque reduction table.
I also see KR around my shifts sometimes. Does it happen every time, or just some of the time? I have seen some guys post saying that they usually do 3 or 4 back-to-back runs looking for KR before they make tuning decisions. If you only get KR 20-30% of the time, it could possibly be shift related...
Old 02-16-2004, 05:13 PM
TECH Addict

This could be a result of the infamous "torque management". I noticed you have a stall, a buddy of mine's car nose dives as well after 2 or 3rd gear. And this is what he was told the reason why.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No it can't be TM I had it deleted. Like I said the car pulls hard in first and second but it nose dives a little in third and I get 3* of KR.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you have upshift torque reduction zeroed?
Old 02-18-2004, 12:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Are you getting the KR only at the shift or all the way through the gears range. I think the replies you are getting is people thinking it is only at the shift point then goes away. I'm fighting a similar problem. No KR ever in first gear, Comes and goes in second gear, always in third gear. I'm sure it is false, just not sure what is causing it. I can make 2 passes back to back and the KR will be there in second and then on the next run, none in second. Mine occurs as soon as the car shifts, (A4) and will stay throughout the whole rpm range. The car car will sometimes feel like it is nosing over before the shift like from 5500-6350 where it shifts.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

2xLS1.... I get KR as soon as it shifts into 3rd and on through my friend Atapped the car three times and everytime it was the same. First and second the car in strong and noses over in third. I don't have my headers on yet and my stock y-pipe is not banging the floor pan... so I don't know what could be causing the KR. I will try and Atap it this weekend and see if I can use Edit to see if I can tune it in third gear. I'm running at 30* of timming and its fine in first and second but I would like to pull some in third if I could. I was told that its possible to tune the car in a certain gear, I haven't figued that out yet.