PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mail order tune, car won't idle.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mail order tune, car won't idle.

I just got my PCM back from Frost, got a basic bolt on tune, and installed it last night. Upon initial start up the car started pretty smoothly and idled fine. I drove it around expecting it to not run perfect knowing it needs to re learn the new fuel and spark tables, yet it drove just fine minus a hanging idle that lasted only a few miles. When I got home I left the car idling in my driveway to get my wallet so I could drive more and when I came out the car was no longer running. When I tried to start it back up it would not start without help from my right foot. So I unplugged the battery and let it sit for 20-30 minutes and then tried it again. It still struggled to start on it's own. Same problem today, it started barely under it's own power and drove fine for a little then starts to idle weakly and eventually shut off. BUT here's the situation, I'm fully aware of Frost's tuning experience, from what I'm aware he's done over 1000 mail order tunes with only 1 customer need to be flashed back to stock so I'm doubting the tune is the problem, what I HOPING the problem is, is that I have a bad tank of gas because I refilled the day I took the computer out at a gas station my brother went a week before and his Jeep would not idle worth a **** or start without touching the gas, he refilled at another station and his Jeep is now running fine. So tell me your thoughts.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It sounds like you are on the right track.it could very well be the fuel.the problem has come up at that station before......probably got a bad batch of fuel
Old 03-01-2011, 03:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bad fuel my guess - unfortunate timing though
Old 03-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah I'm leaning to that because this station is pretty notorious for having water in their gas, it's a Sam's Club so their prices are always about 5-8 cents cheaper than the Citgo's, BP's and Shell stations but now I'd rather pay that extra money for quality gas. I'm hoping that what it is.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:11 AM
TECH Addict

I wouldn't of bought gas from there knowing that they have gas problems before. That's just me though. Good luck. When it gets to running fine, tell us what you think of the frost tune. I'm gonna have mine done here in a few weeks.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Any lights or codes?
Old 03-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Staging Lane

No lights or codes.

Quick Reply: Mail order tune, car won't idle.