PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

codes thrown by HFC/removed cats...

Old 03-11-2011, 07:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default codes thrown by HFC/removed cats...

does the codes thrown by deleting or installing HFC hamper performance/retard timing, force you to run rich, or any other negative impact or is the CEL from that just a reminder "hey your not emissions legal"

and man im glad to be back in a v8!

doesnt seem anyone over in G8 land knew. figured someone here will and im sure the answer is the same.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:58 PM
10 Second Club

Could make it run a little lean or rich. If you deleted them you should really get a tune.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

oh i am. getting headers and all in couple weeks. i just want to see how my exhaust is going to sound with cats vs without once my axle back comes in. depending on that ill decide if i go with headers+offroad pipe or HFC.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

geeze.. not sure how i can even get them off there in such weird funky positions
Old 03-13-2011, 06:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
does the codes thrown by deleting or installing HFC hamper performance/retard timing, force you to run rich, or any other negative impact or is the CEL from that just a reminder "hey your not emissions legal"

and man im glad to be back in a v8!

doesnt seem anyone over in G8 land knew. figured someone here will and im sure the answer is the same.
Any DTC related to exhaust emission will ironically put your car into a rich state where stoichiometric disappears and a/f never gets above 13.5:1 while crusing. I have watched this on my wide band controller, hand scanner and scan/tune software. I'm not well versed on this but I believe certain DTCs cause the pcm to use a safe table for air, fuel and timing. I'm not positive about changes to the power enrichment tables but it only makes sense that the default computer programming will protect the engine in all situations.

Search this Thread