PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G8 GT E85 Tune, Thoughts, Ideas, Comments?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 09:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default G8 GT E85 Tune, Thoughts, Ideas, Comments?

Just curious if I could get some feedback on this G8 GT tune. Been trying to dial down the e85 tune. Fueling seems about right, though I haven't touched the MAF tables or anything at all, just adjusted stoich to the E70 winter blend they still have here.

I'm trying to run about 27-29 degrees of timing up top, and it seems to take it without knocking no problem. I have had to take a little bit of timing out of the DOD timing, even though I'm running the E70. The timing on DOD seems way too much, stock tune was pulling 4-5-6 degrees, seems crazy to me. Is this false knock, is it ok? Should I just leave the timing out?

How's the timing look up top? Am I running to rich at WOT? Should I pull some fuel out? I'm seeing 0 knock up top anywhere, and the timing is pretty high.

Any suggestions on squeezing better throttle response out of this thing? Or any MPGs?

Have a vararam in the mail, is MAF tuning on the E70 going to be just the same as E85? Turn LTFT's off and adjust the MAF based on the STFTs ?

Thanks for any advice or help. A short log, and tune are attached.

Mike

ls1tech wouldn't let me upload my .hpt as it's too big. It's posted over on HPT forum http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33422