PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

There is really no way to tune out the abs light?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 10:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default There is really no way to tune out the abs light?

im buying a car with the abs delete and it would be nice not to look at that light, but i dont really wont to look at a piece of electrical tape or smash out the bulb. i just thought by now it would be possible to take care of this?

its a 2000, so no can do on the grounding the pins out.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:25 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is no way that I could find.

If you pull the instrument cluster and peel back the overlay to where you can just get under it, just put two small pieces of electrical tape over the exact spot where you don't want the light to shine through, and press the overlay back down. It sounds ghetto, but if done correctly with the electrical tape on the back side of the overlay, you'll never know the tape was there, and you certainly won't see the light.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
There is no way that I could find.

If you pull the instrument cluster and peel back the overlay to where you can just get under it, just put two small pieces of electrical tape over the exact spot where you don't want the light to shine through, and press the overlay back down. It sounds ghetto, but if done correctly with the electrical tape on the back side of the overlay, you'll never know the tape was there, and you certainly won't see the light.
Thats the best scenario ive seen so far. I didnt know you could peel that overlay off. Once you peel it off is there a chance of it not sticking back right?
Old 03-24-2011, 10:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You can unsolder and remove the led easier than that.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

I just broke the light out, no point in ever having it
Old 03-25-2011, 08:10 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lusting4ls1
Thats the best scenario ive seen so far. I didnt know you could peel that overlay off. Once you peel it off is there a chance of it not sticking back right?
It'll stick back in place just fine.

And the reason I didn't break the light out or desolder it from the circuit board was because unlike those two options, the electrical tape fix is easily reversible in case you ever want to reinstall the ABS, especially if you are thinking about selling it down the road.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

yea i like that way the best, because i might put the abs back on it too. the car is a roller right now and im just trying to get it on the road is fast as i can. i can always come back and put the abs back on it later.

thanks for letting me in on the peeling the overlay back trick. thanks to the other guys for your input too, if i knew i wasnt going to put it back on oneday i might go one of those routes

Quick Reply: There is really no way to tune out the abs light?